Artsen CM500 C for Ship-building
Jiangsu Yangzijiang Shipbuilding Group Ltd. is a large enterprise group with shipbuilding and offshore as their core business, trade logistics, ship-leasing and real estate as supplementary business.
Shipbuilding output of the Group from 2009 was continuously ranked top 5 of Chinese shipbuilding industry, average output, profit and tax were ranked at the top in the ship-building industry. In 2018, it was ranked 449th in Top-500 companies of China, and the 10th in shipbuilding companies worldwide. The Group was awarded in Singapore as "The Most Transparent Company". Mr. Ren Yuanlin, the chairman of the Board, won the year 2011 Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of China.
Finished ProductsYangzijiang Ship-buidling Group Co., Ltd
The bulkhead rib structure of container ship is mainly welded with T-shaped material and ship wall. Plates are not so thick while work distance varies from 50 to 100 meters. Working conditions was hard with the major technical challenges.
1. Voltage drops significantly with interference as the inter-connection cables are 50-100 meters. Welding arc became unsterilized and affects for the quality.
2. Current ranges from 160A to 200A with vertical up positions. Welders were facing difficulties with maintaining stable arc and consistency in finishing.
3. Welding defects of incomplete fusion occurs often at the ignition phase. Rework costs stayed high.
4. The environment was harsh and severe. Welding machines were frequently damaged.
Welder were not able to adjust parameters precisely because wire-feeders did not support voltage or current display while they are distant from the power source. Welding quality were hard to be maintained.
Artsen CM500 C was recommended. It was a fully digital-control CO2/MIG/MAG welder specially designed for shipbuilding, offshore & marine engineering and steel construction industries. It was featured with the following capabilities.
1. High ingress protection to work environment of vibration, collision, moisture and salty air.
2. Pioneering in carrier-wave technology for two-way communication and ensuring stabilized output parameters with interconnection cable up to 100m.
3. Duty cycle of 100% for 500A output at 40°C .
4. Full digital control with process software and expert's data base ensures stable welding performance with amperage scope as low as 70 amp.
5. High success rate of arc ignition and high quality of starting arc with parameters open for adjustment.
6. Wire-feeder supports display and adjustment of parameters, making precise control and change of welding conditions fast and manageable.
As an inverter power source, saving power significantly than conventional welding equipment.
After installation, Artsen CM500 C has shown huge advantages.
1. Saving 27% electrical power comparing with conventional machines.
2. Failure rate of welding machines has largely dropped. Numbers of repairs decreased by 50%.
3. Welding quality with low amperage and long inter-connection cable got stabilized, along with the convenience of fully functional wire-feeder. Rework manhours dropped by 15%.
Welding defects at ignition phase has been resolved.
Welding Result - FCAW
Artsen CM500 C with Extra-long Interconnection Cables
Artsen CM500 C on Site